If you also like read books, then this post is for you. In this digital world, we all are trying to catch as much information as we can.
We all read stories and comic books when you were a child. Books are the best gifts for anyone. In this digital era, the ebooks have replaced the paper version of books. We all used to read books on our smartphones now.
I remember when I was a child, I used to read so many books from sci-fi, mystery, and poetry from the school library. I even spent my entire day reading any sci-fi novel and the next day I returned it to the library and get a new one.
When I came to college I bought a lot of books and read them.
“It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.” - Oscar Wilde
The Internet is full of resources from which you can download free ebooks of all kinds. You don’t require to do submit any credit card or pay any money to download these ebooks.
If you don’t want to buy a book then don’t worry. Here is a list of some websites to download free ebooks.
1. Libgen.is: Library Genesis (Libgen) is a file-sharing website for scholarly journal articles, academic and general-interest books, images, comics, and magazines. In part, the site enables free access to content that is otherwise paywalled or not digitized elsewhere.
You can download free ebooks from all over the world. From top publishers of the world like Wiley to Indian publisher, every type of ebooks is available on this website to be downloaded as pdf.
2. Pdfdrive: PDF Drive is a free search engine that allows you to search, preview, and download millions of PDF files into your devices.
With more than 82 million books, this website provides you with the easy download of ebooks from a variety of categories.
You can download pdf ebooks of Indian writers, free ebooks for competitive exams like IIT JEE Study materials from different coaching in India, and free practice tests released by different publications.
3 Project Gutenberg: Project Gutenberg is a library of over 60,000 free eBooks. You can choose among free epub and free ebooks for Kindle, download them, or read them online.
You will find the world's great literature here, with a focus on older works for which U.S. copyright has expired. Thousands of volunteers digitized and diligently proofread the eBooks, for enjoyment and education.
You will not be charged for downloading any ebooks from this website.
4. Internet Archive: The Internet Archive is an American digital library with the stated mission of "universal access to all knowledge."
It provides free public access to collections of the massive amounts of digitized materials, including websites, software applications/games, music, movies/videos, moving images, and millions of books.
With over 20 million free ebooks and texts, you can get books from almost any category. You can also get a large number of videos and audio from this website.
5. Free-ebooks.net: From romance to mystery, drama to self-help, a large category of books are available on this website. You can also download a lot of free audiobooks, publish and promote your own books.
6. Open Library: At its heart, Open Library is a catalog. The project began in November 2007 and has been inhaling catalog records from some of the biggest libraries in the world ever since.
With over 20 million edition records online, provide access to 1.7 million scanned versions of books, and link to external sources like WorldCat and Amazon.
You can download free university textbooks, novels, fiction, etc. from this website.
7. Amazon.in: Amazon is selling A to Z products all over the world. However, you can also download a large number of free kindle ebooks from amazon.
It has more than 40,000 free kindle ebooks to read. Some of these free ebooks are among those which are sold at a high price in a paperback edition. You can also publish your own ebooks on amazon.
Either you can download kindle app from play store, or take a free subscription for amazon audible and listen to the audible version of these books for free.
Reading books is the best habit I have ever found. Whenever I get stressed or find myself in dilemma, I read self-help books and it guides me to the right path.
With the availability of a ton of videos and audio resources on the internet, books are still worthful.
A writer put all his efforts and knowledge to make any books. When You are reading a book, it means you are accessing the knowledge gained by a person in his entire lifetime.
Download these free ebooks and read, let us know if you also know about some websites from which you download free ebooks.